It is quite difficult to drive during winter season due to snowy road conditions. You have to take some precautionary measurements before you start your winter drive. You cannot expect a car repair centre in each place, and hence it is good to learn some basic car fixing techniques so that it will be very useful to handle any emergency situation. There are many things you have to consider while driving your vehicle during winter season. You can find some car care tips at smartcar to drive carefully during the winter season. You can also go through some interesting articles regarding the automobile reviews at http://www.automobilemag.com/. Make sure to consider the following important tips while driving during winter and snow.
- It is not advisable to drive during extreme snowfall conditions, but if there is no option, then you have to plan your trip properly. Check the weather forecast and try to avoid the most affected areas. Starting early is always advised, as there is no need to rush for reaching the office at correct time.
- Take enough time to thoroughly clean all the parts of your vehicle such as mirrors, windows, lights, and the top of your car. Keep in mind that driving with snow on the car is against the law in some countries. Make sure to carry a de-icer while driving which is helpful to remove the lock system from snow.
- The next most important thing is to check your brake conditions. You should have a good brake system while driving in the winter condition so that you can control under any condition.
- Make sure that your vehicle’s wipers are in good operating conditions as you have to use the wipers during snowfall regularly.
- Your tires are the most important aspects that need to be in excellent condition. Your tire should have firm grip so that it will not skid easily on the ice and snow. Ensure that the tires have enough air pressure before starting your journey. Even you can consider switching to specially designed tires for winter areas.
- It is good to do a full vehicle service before you take your car for driving after snowfall. Otherwise, you can do an inspection with the help of an approved automotive repair agency to certify the vehicle condition
- Always drive slowly during winter season and increase and reduce the speed in a phased manner. Try to drive only in second gear to have a good control while driving. Maintain a decent gap from the front running vehicle.
- You can switch on your lights if the visibility is very less and make sure to off the lights when not required. There are many winter accessories are available in the market such as winter tires, winter chains and winter socks. These are very useful items during winter seasons. You can buy and make use of them in case of any requirements. You should know how to drive your vehicle when the winter chain is on your tires. Safety, awareness and alertness are vital while driving, especially during winter.